Our Mission is to share the tools of yoga that build essential life skills with a diverse set of community members including public services, mental health agencies, schools, shelters, hospitals, recovery centers, corrections, and the general public alike. We fulfill this mission through our public classes and community outreach programs.
Would you like us to come and talk about the benefits of yoga at your agency?
Yoga’s positive benefits on mental health have made it an important practice tool of psychotherapy. It has been shown to enhance social well being through a sense of belonging to others, and improve the symptoms of an array of mental health disorders. The Daya Foundation in Portland, Oregon says it beautifully:
- Yoga teaches fundamental life skills.
- These life skills transform our mental and physical health.
- These life skills make us better individuals, family members, and community members.
- All members of our community deserve access to the life-enhancing practices of yoga.
- All members of our community have something to teach us about life, human suffering, and human potential.
- When community is created, healing happens, for it re-knits our experience of belonging.
In addition, yoga provides man physical benefits that aren’t typically thought of.
- Yoga prevents joint cartilage and breakdown making stronger bones.
- It improves balance and increases strength, especially important for the aging adult.
- Drains lymph and boosts immunity leading to a stronger immune system.
- Lower blood pressure which contributes to the overall health of the body.
We’ve been invited to a number of organizations in Grants Pass including Hearts With a Mission, Goodwill of Southern Oregon, and Asante. Contact us for more information.